Receiving bad online reviews from your customers can be a horrible experience. Whether it is your fault or not, there can be some serious consequences. But, there is no need to worry about it. If you follow these simple tips, things might even work out better this way. There is even a chance to improve your reputation. Here are five great tips on how you can deal with bad online reviews.
When using Facebook, Twitter, Google my Business, Yelp, or other professional platforms, there will be cases in which you will receive some bad feedback. Other users will notice it and might lose trust in you. Do not let the negative reviews affect your brand.
While such events feel bad and can harm your reputation, you need to act quickly. You can not only avoid any consequences but even make the most out of the situation. This article will give you some pointers on what to do next.
Here are five tips to help you deal with bad online reviews:
1. You need to make a fast response. Delaying a response or not making one at all will be a sign of unprofessional manners. Potential customers will notice the review and think of it as a bad unsolved case. They will worry the same could happen to them. You need to be quick about it.
2. Show empathy. Some clients are simply mad. It might not be your fault, but they are targeting you. When you respond to their review, mention that you are concerned about them and would love to help resolve any issues.
3. Post your phone number. This way, you will be able to have a direct conversation with the customer, and the chances of fixing the problem will be much higher. Other clients will see you are taking your job seriously.
4. Offer a small compensation. That can always satisfy an unhappy customer. Users who are reading the review will feel safe when using your services because they can expect a compensation if something goes wrong.
5. Do not overdo it. For each bad online review, there are many good ones. Do not draw any additional attention towards any specific case. Just act professional, deal with the issue, and continue with other clients.
Never go overboard. This story from 2015 by NBC News is a perfect example of bad online reviews gone bad.
Browse our website for more tips and digital marketing services.